Language skills: Fluent in English; both written and spoken
Perks- Our client works in a beautiful downtown location overlooking the city right at the metro, coffee bar, team-oriented environment, shower facilities if biking to work. Not only is our client one of Montreal’s top 10 employers—but they also have been voted one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People for 3 years in a row!
The selected candidate will be responsible for documenting, developing and executing functional and system tests and to maintain the existing mobile applications. Our client’s product is an Embedded platform (i.e. a Navigation System) running an Android OS. We need someone with strong testing and troubleshooting skills to quickly write test plans and automated test cases. Most importantly we want someone that is eager, a quick learner and willing to expand his/her level of expertise—to not be afraid to jump in, get dirty and take on new challenges!
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Analyze new and existing features to develop automated test cases for Android.
- Design, execute, and troubleshoot test cases.
- Work closely with Android development teams to ensure test coverage between development and QA authored automation is well coordinated.
- Write and execute manual or partially automated tests as necessary to meet project requirements.
- Review and understand manual test procedures. Propose and implement ideas for making manual testing more efficient.
- Manage defects for multiple features and products; Write clear, concise, and accurate bug reports.
- Develop QA strategies, plans and specifications for new features and products
- Represent QA in product development projects as a cross-functional team member
- Participate in requirements / specification / design reviews, being the voice of the customer and the QA team
- Participate in test planning of QA related activities
Years of Work Experience:
For Junior Android Manual Tester (1 Position):
1-2 years of experience in a similar position.
For Intermediate Android Manual Tester (1 Position):
3-5 years of experience in a similar position.
- Industry experience in Mobile Software Quality Assurance (specifically Android)
- Experience with Java and familiar with Android development
- Proven ability to write QA Plans and Test Specifications that clearly communicate test coverage and tradeoffs
- Experience of writing and maintaining test automation for Android devices.
- Ability to report test automation and product quality status efficiently and quickly.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-Motivated and enjoys collaborating with other team members
- Ability to analyze and solve complex problems quickly and creatively
- Ability to learn and understand how customers use our products and incorporate that into the QA Activities
- Proficiency and understanding of QA methodologies and principles, and how delivering products efficiently and predictably with a high degree of quality can be achieved
- Understanding of and experience with various SDLC processes and how various QA activities and quality-centered best practices fit into such product development lifecycles
- Proven track record to perform a vast variety of Quality Assurance activities, such as planning QA activities, developing testing strategies, providing input into requirements / specification / design, performing sound test design, test execution, test automation, and evaluating test results, including defect management
- Proven ability to perform sound test design from well defined as well as poorly defined requirements and specifications, and how to arrive at a limited set of test cases that satisfy coverage, efficiency and test design effectiveness
- Experience testing software releases in an Agile or other SDLC environment
- Server Deployment Experience with Apache Tomcat and MySQL
- Experience with building test tools, simulators, automated API/SDK testing
- Knowledge of Linux (installation, configuration, maintenance)
Bachelors or Graduate University degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
Experience is an IT staffing solution company specializing in staff augmentation (time and material contracts), direct permanent placement, payroll services, and management consulting solutions. Experience’s core values make it easy to work with us: You’ll find that we’re Ethical, Adaptable, and Proactive. Guided by strong business ethics, we are committed to treating our employees and consultants with respect. It is easy to work with a company that your co-workers, friends, and acquaintances already know, like and trust-- to build a promising career in Information Technology.
Apply for this job