Language of communication: Bilingual. French and English
Perks: Great opportunity to work as part of a growing team, with benefits that include 3 + 1 weeks of vacation.
With distribution centers located from coast to coast, our client currently ranks second in Canada in terms of market share in its field and is looking to become No. 1. Through multiple small acquisitions, it is rapidly expanding its operations and gaining more and more recognition in the Canadian market.
The Data Architect and Business Intelligence Supervisor is primarily responsible for analyzing business processes and requirements to participate in the development, implementation and enhancement of business intelligence solutions and of the company's strategic data models. He / she acts as the primary protector of data modeling methodologies and best practices in data processing. As a BI team supervisor, he / she will also be responsible for defining the strategy and vision of business processes and managing the day-to-day operations of his or her team. He / she is responsible for all aspects related to strategy, tactics, operational, financial and human aspects as well as technical resources related to business intelligence.
Strategy, Planning and Implementation
- Develop and provide long-term strategic goals for the vision and standards of the data architecture in collaboration with data users, service managers, customers and other key stakeholders.
- Establish processes to govern the identification, collection, integration and use of corporate metadata
- Take steps to ensure the accuracy and validity of metadata by establishing methods and procedures for monitoring data quality, completeness, redundancy and improvement
- Conduct data capacity planning, life cycle, duration, usage requirements, feasibility studies and other tasks
- Ensure that data policies and architectures are compliant with regulations
- Ensure the success of application deployments such as ERP and CRM at the enterprise level
- Liaise with suppliers and service providers to select the products or services that best meet the company's objectives
- Establish and follow a vision for delivery of information and analytics platforms and solutions to key corporate stakeholders, including internal staff, external partners and clients
- Participate in the transformation of the company so that it differs from the competition on the analysis
- Reports on data warehousing and research on the deployment and dissemination of information (portal, cell phone, etc.)
- Evaluate and determine governance, stewardship and data management frameworks across the organization
- Develop and promote methodologies and standards for data management
- Select and implement appropriate tools, software, applications and systems to support the goals of data technology
- Supervise the mapping of data sources, data movements, interfaces and analyzes to ensure data quality
- Collaborate with project managers and business unit managers for all projects involving business data
- Address data issues related to system integration, cross-platform compatibility and integration
- Act as a leader and advocate for data management, including coaching, training and professional development of staff
- Develop and implement the key components needed to create evaluation criteria to ensure the fidelity and performance of the data architecture
- Document the architecture and data environment to maintain a current and accurate view of the largest data image
- Identify and develop opportunities for data reuse, migration or removal
Profile Required Skills:
- Microsoft Business Intelligence tools
- Good technical knowledge of SQL Server2008 R 2
- Good knowledge of SSRS and SSIS reporting and integration tools
- In-depth knowledge of multidimensional modeling of both logical and physical data
- University or college education in computer science, engineering or management computer science
- 10 years of experience in business process analysis, implementation of an integrated management system and business intelligence solution design
- Vision: Your overall vision allows you to understand the various areas of activity within a company and develop solutions that will improve processes in place
- Curiosity: You like to stay abreast of the latest technologies and always seek to learn more in your field to bring innovative business solutions to the needs of users. You understand the new BI trends and like to explore them
- Ability to solve problems: Your analytical mind and your sense of organization, allow you to find solutions to complex problems that you encounter and thus participate actively in the implementation and improvement of business processes.
Experience is an IT staffing solution company specializing in staff augmentation (time and material contracts), direct permanent placement, payroll services, and management consulting solutions. Experience’s core values make it easy to work with us: You’ll find that we’re Ethical, Adaptable, and Proactive. Guided by strong business ethics, we are committed to treating our employees and consultants with respect. It is easy to work with a company that your co-workers, friends, and acquaintances already know, like and trust-- to build a promising career in Information Technology.
Apply for this job