Language Skills- English (written and spoken). French is an asset.
Perks- Young and dynamic company that takes afternoons off to attend the latest Marvel movies! Free parking. Close to major highways. Full benefits plan and two weeks’ vacation.
Our client creates and markets two of the planet’s top Webcomics-- which currently reach over 2 million readers each month. They also plan and launch results-driven online and mobile campaigns and cap it all off with thriving Animation, App & Game development departments. We are looking for a Front-End Web Developer to help them grow and innovate. The successful candidate will have a ‘make it happen’ mentality, a good sense of humour (with perhaps a love of comics, nerf-guns and comiccon), experience working in small dynamic environments as a ‘jack of all trades’, and a fun-oriented attitude.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Can quickly conjure up API scripts for various platforms used.
- Interpret a Spec Document and determine what is needed to complete the project.
- Communicate well with designers to create concepts, prototypes, and final products for websites and web programs.
- Integrate complex responsive layouts.
- Ensure final product respects design concepts.
- Ensure cross-browser compatibility (latest versions of all main browsers e.g. IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari)
- Participate in meetings and assist Project Managers with estimates.
- Stay up-to to-date on the evolution of the web industry and track technology trends
- Familiar with Revision Control with Git
- Database (SQL, MongoDb, Amazon Web Service, etc.)
- Is familiar with popular CMS like WordPress.
- Knowledge of other programming languages is an asset (C#, C++, Objective C, Java, etc.)
Years of work experience:
- Minimum 2-4 years’ work-related experience
- Focus on producing quality work
- Sense of initiative
- Problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Analytical and synthesis skills
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to adapt to change
- Mindful of aesthetics and design
Experience is an IT staffing solution company specializing in staff augmentation (time and material contracts), direct permanent placement, payroll services, and management consulting solutions. Experience’s core values make it easy to work with us: You’ll find that we’re Ethical, Adaptable, and Proactive. Guided by strong business ethics, we are committed to treating our employees and consultants with respect. It is easy to work with a company that your co-workers, friends, and acquaintances already know, like and trust-- to build a promising career in Information Technology.
Apply for this job