Language skills: Proficient in French (written and spoken); knowledge of English (written and spoken) required.
Perks- Work on stimulating and interesting projects within a growing and stable organization. Our client is an eco-responsible company with strong environmental values.
Under the responsibility of the Chief Executive Officer, the IT Director oversees the planning, organization, control and evaluation of the IT services offered by a dedicated team, while respecting company values. Their main areas of responsibility are the development and improvement of applications, systems, infrastructure and network security, user support, and maintenance of the telephony network. Under their supervision, a hardware and application support service is provided to users of computer and telephone systems.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
MANAGEMENT AND DEVELOPMENT OF THE ADMINISTRATIVE UNIT
- Ensures the planning, organization, monitoring and control of the annual operational plan and operating budgets. Evaluates and revises the results achieved according to the objectives, identifies the gaps and their causes and, if necessary, initiates the corrective actions. Supports employees in the implementation of work plans and the achievement of expected results;
- Substantiates, with the department of finance, the parameters used to prepare the budget and the financial perspectives to be submitted, ensures an optimal management of the IT equipment and ensures that the acquisition requests (hardware and software) meet the standards and allocated budgets;
- Establishes and oversees procedures, operational rules and work methods. Supports immediate team members in the application of policies, procedures and internal rules. Ensures standards compliance, conformity and ongoing risk management;
- Provides a work environment that triggers a voluntary engagement from employees, enthusiastic and persistent commitment to producing results in accordance with established plans, clarifies their expectations of each employee, promotes teamwork by involving employees in problem solving and promotes consensus management;
- Establishes with employees the improvement plan in regard to performance and competencies development, expresses his recognition for the efforts invested and the results achieved;
- Provides regularly employees with management information to better contextualize the issues and facilitate adherence to the orientations, priorities and changes required.
STRATEGIC DEVELOPMENT OF THE IT DEPARTMENT
- Determine the strategic orientation of the IT department, by producing analysis and proposing development direction;
- Supports, as required, the implementation of projects and initiatives;
- Ensures the maintenance, update and evolution of system and network infrastructures;
- Ensures the establishment of a monitoring and research program to meet the different needs of the organization in terms of information systems;
- Explores and integrates free and proprietary software.
MANAGEMENT OF INFORMATION SYSTEMS OPERATIONS
INFRASTRUCTURE AND NETWORKS:
- Ensures the administration, installation and maintenance of network, web, database, file, network infrastructure, computer system and workstation security as well as virtualization technologies;
- Analyses risks, identifies needs and when required, initiates the execution of projects for the implementation of the selected solutions;
- Ensures that the integration of solutions is in line with industry best practices and standards and validates their effectiveness.
DEVELOPMENT AND APPLICATION OF SOLUTIONS:
- Lead the design and analysis of different computer systems;
- Ensures the execution of functional analysis, solutions proposals as well as recommendations based on expressed needs and business priorities;
- Writes the procedures and ensures the preparation of the documentation of the computer systems and user manuals of the various applications developed by our client;
- Assigns IT projects according to the business priorities and talent of the team, carry out follow-ups and, if necessary, make the necessary corrections;
- Oversees the performance of functional tests and ensures that applications meet needs and expectations;
- Ensures a follow-up in terms of customer service;
- Ensures that the production environments and working methods comply with the standards and requirements in place.
COMPUTER SUPPORT TO USERS:
- Ensures that the team responsible for client support understands the inter-relations and dependencies between each business sector;
- Ensures that the team provides quality service to users for any questions related to the use of software, applications, telephony and printers;
- Ensures the update of the user guides for the various applications developed;
- Ensures that user requests are processed efficiently and diligently.
- Master's degree in computer science or in an appropriate field;
- Any combination of education or diploma of high-level training and experience deemed comparable will also be considered;
Years of Work Experience:
- Fifteen (15) years of relevant experience including five (5) years in a managerial role;
- Decision-making ability with a minimum of information, creative in picturing simple and preventative solutions to management problems;
- Excellent communication skills, especially in writing documents, ability to express themselves in public, develop arguments and convince;
- Excellent knowledge of the MS Office suite;
- Excellent knowledge of Agile and Scrum development methods;
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming concepts and Transact-SQL;
- Knowledge of programming languages and environments including: VB 6, VB.net and HTML, Transact SQL, C #, WEBFORM, MVC;
- Knowledge of software and tools: MS Windows, MS Office, Linux, MS Exchange Server, PowerShell, Mailscanner, HMAIL, SQL, MYSQL, Spamassassin, Perl, Active Directory, Apache, Cisco computer and telephony network technologies, security technologies Checkpoint, MS WSUS, VMware Technologies, IBM Storage Manager, Remote Desktop Client, VPN Client, Web Browser, VNC Client;
Work experience at a financial institution will be considered an asset.
Personal Features and Characteristics:
You are recognized for demonstrating personal and professional integrity by demonstrating the ability to embody in your words and actions an intellectual rectitude coupled with rigorous honesty with employees, internal customers, suppliers, associates as well as a generosity in your relationships with people.
You are used to using method, thoroughness, autonomy and initiative in the management of your work. You learn fast. You advocate and apply teamwork through excellent listening skills, ease of animation and strong communication skills. In addition, you have strategic thinking, good diagnostic skills, strong analytical and judgment skills, excellent resistance to stress and the ability to turn constraints into opportunities. You share our client's mission, the principles of triple stakeholder accountability, and the economic, social and environmental development priorities to which the company intends to contribute.
Experience is an IT staffing solution company specializing in staff augmentation (time and material contracts), direct permanent placement, payroll services, and management consulting solutions. Experience’s core values make it easy to work with us: You’ll find that we’re Ethical, Adaptable, and Proactive. Guided by strong business ethics, we are committed to treating our employees and consultants with respect. It is easy to work with a company that your co-workers, friends, and acquaintances already know, like and trust-- to build a promising career in Information Technology.
Apply for this job