Language skills : Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
Perks : Amazing view overlooking the downtown core and Mount Royal close to the metro, lunch room, good team-oriented environment.
The IT Operations Lead, Cloud Services is responsible for the stability, integrity and performance of all infrastructure environments including storage, servers, virtualization, backup/restore, automation systems and all associated hardware and software solutions. You will manage and assist the Service Operations team to ensure service delivery quality is maintained through direct assistance in implementing and improving working processes and procedures. This role ensures that customer infrastructure implementations follow project management and service delivery best practices. This is a hands-on role involving management and operation of all activities across the engineer-deploy-operate cycle.
- Ensure shortest possible restoral times possible, initiating the timely escalations to specialized
- resolver groups inside and outside, according to the customer contracts and SLAs and monitoring requirements.
- Carry out incident and problem management support to the highest standards, assume overall control and co-ordinate the resolution of complex customer incidents with the appropriate resolver groups.
- Lead and develop our Infrastructure Management Team to greater heights of effectiveness, customer service and accomplishment.
- Ensure Infrastructure Management Team is adhering to Information Security, Regulatory Compliance, Incident Management, Problem Management and Change Management processes/practices.
- Adhere to installation guidelines and industry best practices to deliver quality Service Operations.
- Ensure the Infrastructure Management Team adheres to the highest working standards for all incidents and problems by providing guidance, support and direct management.
- Perform Change Management, Configurations, Design and Implementation of the supported Product & Systems
- Manage a staff of 5-6 direct reports and ensure adequate training and development is provided to them and carry out regular reviews and input into performance appraisal process.
- Identify knowledge and documentation gaps, and ensure there is a process to get up-to-date information through a knowledge repository
- As required, be reachable for escalations and support, on and on-call standby basis.
- Scheduling system upgrades and security backups of hardware and software systems;
- Managing crisis situations, which may involve complex technical hardware or software problems;
- Communicate effectively with the Director of Global Information Systems to ensure high service levels are maintained on all calls, documented in the system and escalated appropriately.
- Manage a technical team which includes: employee relations, performances, reviews, approves employee time records, work assignments, vacations, sick pay, etc.
- Produce monthly Infrastructure team utilization reports to provide visibility to the team’s performance and resource availability.
- 5 or more years of experience managing high priority incident calls as an escalation manager
- 5 or more years of experience identifying and remediating process gaps or issues, and providing improvements and suggestions
- 3+ years of in-depth cloud experience required; including Hybrid and Public Cloud Services (AWS, AZURE).
- Exposure to VMware ESX, Linux.
- Systems Engineering, Systems Administration, Systems Architecture and Software Programming experience
- Strong understanding of OS, Virtualization/Hypervisor, Storage Systems/Protocols and networking domains
- Previous experience managing Unix/Linux Server support/management teams
- Experience working in a large enterprise environment
- Good understanding in delivery in an outsourcing environment
- ITIL knowledge and experience
- Ability to identify opportunities for improvement and make constructive suggestions for change
- Remains on the forefront of emerging industry practices and technologies
- Experience managing multiple internal and external client-facing projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication skills (English verbal and written).
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Must have a valid passport. Must be able to travel internationally 10% of the time for business purposes.
- Must be available for shift work coverage from early morning to early evening on a rotating basis. Weekend work is also required once a month.
- ITIL certification
- AWS, AZURE Certifications
- Exposure to Oracle and good understanding in data center management
- Bilingualism is an asset
Experience is an IT staffing solution company specializing in staff augmentation (time and material contracts), direct permanent placement, payroll services, and management consulting solutions. Experience’s core values make it easy to work with us: You’ll find that we’re Ethical, Adaptable, and Proactive. Guided by strong business ethics, we are committed to treating our employees and consultants with respect. It is easy to work with a company that your co-workers, friends, and acquaintances already know, like and trust-- to build a promising career in Information Technology.
Apply for this job