Language skills: Bilingual in French and English
Perks: Friendly work environment with a great team! Downtown location (McGill Metro station). Beautiful modern offices with close proximity to restaurants and fun activities! Excellent benefits, advantages, bonuses, and an RRSP matching plan.
The focus of this role is to provide help in re-engineering and to modernize existing applications. The successful candidate will also help develop new functionalities of the existing applications.
- Manages the technical design, development and maintenance of applications and systems using existing and emerging technology platforms.
- Writes and delivers complex code and modules for new features, debugs existing code and modules, and act as a technical point resource.
- Participates in the development of coding practices, guidelines and all technical processes.
- Participates in gathering, managing and analyzing requirements to design new application and system features.
- Provides technical guidance to less experienced Developers - FTEs, Contractors, Offshore Partner Resources.
Knowledge and Skills:
- 7+ years of software engineering experience in a development capacity using a mainstream Object Orientated language C++ and Java under Unix/Linux.
- Minimum of 7 years of programming experience with C++, Java in Unix/Linux environments.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in functional analysis, software design and applications maintenance.
- Very good experience in Web development (HTML, Java), J2EE.
- Very good experience with Shell, Perl scripting and SQL/Oracle/PostgreSQL
- Strong knowledge of application servers such as WebLogic (preferred) or Tomcat, WebSphere etc.
- Hands on experience with relational databases: Oracle and other databases such as SQL Server and MySQL
Other Desired Skills:
- Experience with Hibernate is an asset
- Network/Service Management and Operational Supporting Systems development experience is an asset
- English communication skills are mandatory (all documentation is done in English), French is a strong asset.
Experience is an IT staffing solution company specializing in staff augmentation (time and material contracts), direct permanent placement, payroll services, and management consulting solutions. Experience’s core values make it easy to work with us: You’ll find that we’re Ethical, Adaptable, and Proactive. Guided by strong business ethics, we are committed to treating our employees and consultants with respect. It is easy to work with a company that your co-workers, friends, and acquaintances already know, like and trust-- to build a promising career in Information Technology.
Apply for this job