Language Skills- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
Perks- Our client works in a beautiful downtown location overlooking the city right at the metro, coffee bar, team-oriented environment, shower facilities if biking to work.
Our client is the world leader in their industry and one of the top 100 employers in Canada. Work on cutting edge technology in a dynamic environment with over 8000 IT employees worldwide.
The QA Engineers will work on Automotive Professional Services project teams that integrate and deliver state-of-the-art software products to embedded platforms for major automotive and consumer electronics companies. You will be closely working together with our customers’ integration teams to help them include our client’s technologies into successful products in an efficient way. As a QA Engineer in the Professional Services team, you will be responsible for developing and executing test plans to verify the software quality of deliveries in the integrated embedded product platform.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities;
- Analysis of customer product requirements
- Creation of software test plans
- Analyze new features, write, code/develop & maintain functional, system test cases
- Develop scripts for automation of functional testing operating on PC and embedded platforms (scripts are in Python and/or Java – any experience in other scripting languages or C/C++ experience is welcome)
- Execution of test plans using customer supplied embedded systems
- Report defects in a clear and concise manner.
- Analysis of test results (test log review and triage of defects)
- Support the team in troubleshooting the root cause
- Good experience in designing automated tests, experience with Python and/or Java based programming
- Experience maintaining an automation framework, creating automated tests, executing and analyzing test results
- Demonstrated ability to trouble shoot complex systems
- Be a strong team player
- Communicate progress of testing to development team and upper management through status reports and meetings
- Collaborate with multiple teams in different continents
- Ability to analyze and solve complex problems quickly and creatively
- An insatiable desire to learn new technologies
- Self-starting, self-motivated, self-directed, and self-sufficient
Bachelors or Graduate University degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent. Ability to analyze and solve complex problems quickly and creatively.
Years of Experience:
2-3 years of experience in a similar position as a QA Engineer with some scripting/automation knowledge and experience.
Experience is an IT staffing solution company specializing in staff augmentation (time and material contracts), direct permanent placement, payroll services, and management consulting solutions. Experience’s core values make it easy to work with us: You’ll find that we’re Ethical, Adaptable, and Proactive. Guided by strong business ethics, we are committed to treating our employees and consultants with respect. It is easy to work with a company that your co-workers, friends, and acquaintances already know, like and trust-- to build a promising career in Information Technology.
Apply for this job