Language Skills- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
Perks- Our client works in a beautiful downtown location overlooking the city right at the metro, coffee bar, team-oriented environment, shower facilities if biking to work.
Our client is the world leader in their industry and one of the top 100 employers in Canada. Work on cutting edge technology in a dynamic environment with over 8000 IT employees worldwide.
The QA Engineers will work on Automotive Professional Services project teams that integrate and deliver state-of-the-art software products to embedded platforms for major automotive and consumer electronics companies. You will be closely working together with our customers’ integration teams to help them include our client’s technologies into successful products in an efficient way. As a Software Developer in Test, you will be responsible for writing, troubleshooting, and maintaining an in-house automation framework based on Python scripting.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities;
- Analysis of customer product requirements
- Creation of software test plans
- Analyze new features, write, code/develop & maintain functional, system test cases
- Develop scripts for automation of functional testing operating on PC and embedded platforms (scripts are in Python– any experience in other scripting languages like Java is beneficial)
- Execution of test plans using customer supplied embedded systems
- Report defects in a clear and concise manner.
- Analysis of test results (test log review and triage of defects)
- Support the team in troubleshooting the root cause
Years of Experience:
3-4 years of experience in a similar position as a Software Developer in Test or QA Engineer with a minimum of 1 year Python scripting/automation experience.
- Good experience in designing automated tests; a minimum of 1 year experience scripting in Python.
- Must be able to write, troubleshoot and maintain an automation framework; creating automated tests, executing and analyzing test results
- Demonstrated ability to trouble shoot complex systems
- Be a strong team player
- Communicate progress of testing to development team and upper management through status reports and meetings
- Collaborate with multiple teams in different continents
- Ability to analyze and solve complex problems quickly and creatively
- An insatiable desire to learn new technologies
- Self-starting, self-motivated, self-directed, and self-sufficient
Bachelors or Graduate University degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent. Ability to analyze and solve complex problems quickly and creatively.
Experience is an IT staffing solution company specializing in staff augmentation (time and material contracts), direct permanent placement, payroll services, and management consulting solutions. Experience’s core values make it easy to work with us: You’ll find that we’re Ethical, Adaptable, and Proactive. Guided by strong business ethics, we are committed to treating our employees and consultants with respect. It is easy to work with a company that your co-workers, friends, and acquaintances already know, like and trust-- to build a promising career in Information Technology.
Apply for this job