Language Skills- Must be fluent in English.
Perks- Great location in the heart of downtown with easy public transportation access, shower facilities on-site for those wanting to bike to work, coffee bar, lunch room.
Our client is the world leader in their industry and one of the top 100 employers in Canada. Work on cutting edge technology in a dynamic environment with over 8000 IT employees worldwide.
The Senior Security Engineer will interact with Architecture, Product, Operations, Information Security and PMO-based project teams to ensure operational availability, perform design initiatives to enable new services and documentation of highly complex technical environments.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Engineer secure computing infrastructure solutions to satisfy our Vulnerability Management Program’s objectives across all Enterprise product lines.
- Research, identify and implement best security practices for all Security and service deployments.
- Monitor common vulnerability exposure databases (CVE) and identify vulnerabilities to prevent exposure to all known and potential threats.
- Research and analysis of vulnerabilities, identify relevant threats, and recommend corrective actions based on summarized reporting results.
- Develop methods for addressing vulnerabilities that include system patching, deployment of specialized controls, infrastructure changes, and changes in deployment processes.
- Manage tracking and remediation of vulnerabilities by leveraging agreed-upon action plans and timelines with responsible technology partners teams.
- Participate in the development and deployment of security tools and security processes to enhance deployment productivity and efficiency
- Extensive knowledge in Information Security best practices with current IT technologies including Windows, Linux, VMware, Dockers, Kubernetes and Cloud environments.
- Experience designing secure computing infrastructures supporting hosted and cloud based operations for large-scale, global deployments.
- Experience in system architecture or Security engineering for integration into IP-based network infrastructures.
- Demonstrated problem solving, capacity planning and process creation skills.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Attention to detail with methodical problem-solving approach.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Must be available for occasional travel within the North America/EMEA and able to obtain a valid passport.
- Security Certifications strongly desired (e.g. CISSP or a CISM Certifications).
- Experience using security technologies, including but not limited to Nessus, Snort, nMap, Rapid7, Qualys, RedSeal, Metasploit and Wireshark
- Familiar with the CIS Benchmarks for Server Hardening
- Experience in TDM/SIP telephony delivery and troubleshooting.
- Previous experience in current Cloud based technologies including Azure and AWS.
- Knowledge of voice-based applications (VoIP).
- In-depth knowledge of IT technologies including: ISO/IEC 7498-1
- Knowledge and direct experience incorporating ISO 27002, NIST SP 800-53, CIS and other security control frameworks and standards.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience preferred.
Years of Experience:
Candidates must be well versed in all aspects of security operations for Server, Storage and Networking technologies acquired through 10+ years in designing complex secured computing environments.
Experience is an IT staffing solution company specializing in staff augmentation (time and material contracts), direct permanent placement, payroll services, and management consulting solutions. Experience’s core values make it easy to work with us: You’ll find that we’re Ethical, Adaptable, and Proactive. Guided by strong business ethics, we are committed to treating our employees and consultants with respect. It is easy to work with a company that your co-workers, friends, and acquaintances already know, like and trust-- to build a promising career in Information Technology
Apply for this job