Language skills: Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
Perks: Amazing view overlooking the downtown core and Mount Royal close to the metro, lunch room, good team-oriented environment.
Our client is a multinational, award winning, socially responsible company with an operational presence in many countries—having been in business for over 75 years. It is a culturally diverse environment; employing thousands of people around the world.
The candidate with be responsible for the design, development and maintenance of specific modules within an application or system using existing and emerging technology platforms. You will be working on exciting new development projects in both Java and C++ programming languages; and therefore, must be well versed in both. Development and coding responsibilities are a split role as 70% is focused on new development and 30% on other modifications/maintenance.
- Writes and delivers code for features and modules, debugs existing code and modules and provides technical guidance to less experienced Developers - FTEs, Contractors, Offshore Partner Resources.
- Follows coding guidelines and practices and all technical processes and ensures they are followed by less experienced Developers.
- Develops and validates estimates for technical work that will be undertaken.
- Assigns and allocates defects to less experienced developers, on an as needed basis.
- Participates in analysis of requirements for designing new application and system features.
- 7+ years software engineering experience in a development capacity with Java under Unix/Linux.
- Very good experience in Web development (HTML, Java), J2EE.
- Very good experience with Shell or Perl scripting.
- Good experience with Procedural languages such as PL/SQL and demonstrate the ability to use DataSet, SQL, stored procedures, or develop stored procedures.
- Must be willing to program 30% of the time in C++ development.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in functional analysis, software design and applications maintenance.
- Good experience with Operations Service Management Solutions development (OSS & BSS).
- Good knowledge of developing and designing code to interface to one or more RDBMS databases, or ability to undertake Oracle database application development.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply application design concepts: object-oriented design, design patterns, ASP.NET, Database development.
- Good knowledge of mobile development concepts.
- Solid knowledge of Object Oriented code design.
- Good knowledge of IT security concepts and ability to use them while designing and developing code.
- Demonstrate good understanding of networking concepts.
- Advanced knowledge of version control / source code management.
- Sound knowledge of and ability to apply standard software development principles, theories, concepts and techniques.
- Ability to develop designs for small to medium systems or features in large applications.
- Demonstrate an understanding of trade-offs and risks with programming choices.
- Must have a valid passport. Must be able to travel 10% of the time for business purposes.
- Experience with network service management solutions such as OpenView, Nagios, SNMP.
- Solid knowledge of SOA: XML Web Services, SOAP.
- Adhering to Principles & Values
- Creating & Innovating
- Customer Focus
- Results Orientation
- Impact & Influence
- Leading Execution
Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Sciences or Engineering.
Professional programming certification in a mainstream programming language is a plus.
Experience is an IT staffing solution company specializing in staff augmentation (time and material contracts), direct permanent placement, payroll services, and management consulting solutions. Experience’s core values make it easy to work with us: You’ll find that we’re Ethical, Adaptable, and Proactive. Guided by strong business ethics, we are committed to treating our employees and consultants with respect. It is easy to work with a company that your co-workers, friends, and acquaintances already know, like and trust-- to build a promising career in Information Technology.
Apply for this job