Language Skills: Fluent in French with very good English.
Perks: Situated in the heart of downtown Montreal easily accessible from the metro with a lot of options for restaurants or coffee bars.
Our client develops and supports broker management systems for insurance and financial services brokers across Canada.
To provide programming and analysis in response to client programming requirements.
- Analyze system requirements and write programs
- Participate in technical design sessions, recommend solutions
- Provide structural coded statements from specifications
- Create test criteria, unit and integrated testing, data and file integrity testing
- Ensure accurate interpretation of client requirements
- Develop programming solutions which meet business requirements
- Test new programs and participate in system installations
- Perform investigations as assigned
- Program documentation and specifications
- Application/product support
- Ability to quickly determine solutions to problems and ensure that the solution takes into consideration the entire application
- Act as a programming consultant supporting marketing requirements, prototype development, R&D and other critical corporate functions
Training and Technical Support:
- Respond to any problems the client may have with the system; initiating solutions
- Perform code reviews.
- Assist with training and mentoring of junior programmers.
- Contribute to estimation process in accordance with project requirements
JOB PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS
- Must ensure conformance with the programming methodologies.
- Provides full solutions to problems/enhancements; all solutions that are implemented are analyzed to ensure conformance with the entire system.
- Must stay up-to-date on evolving technologies.
- Visual Basic 6 experience
- Solid understanding of SQL server
- Sound Windows client server experience
- C# and VB.NET would be an asset
- IIS and ASP experience would be an asset
- Insurance experience would be an asset
- Must manage time in a way that facilitates the completion of all necessary tasks, fulfilling the client needs and ensuring maximum efficiency and productivity.
- Must be able to prioritize tasks and schedule activities in order to assure maximum efficiency for both self and project team.
- Performs in an accurate and effective manner with a results oriented focus.
- Will be able to handle multiple tasks/deadlines at once.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read and write descriptive narratives, instructions that are somewhat involved, materials requiring careful use of special terminology.
- Must be able to communicate ideas, plans and concerns to all levels of staff and clients.
- Ability to discuss matters that are difficult to grasp; conveying the essence of complex situations effectively and persuasively.
- Communication with all levels of internal and external clients requires the ability to instruct and deal with contacts with a high degree of tact and courtesy.
- Keeps manager informed as to work progress and any problems/issues.
Internal/External Client Relationships:
- Ability to handle situations tactfully when dealing with sensitive client situations.
- A high level of professionalism and tact is expected at all times.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- University or College Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 2-4 years of structured experience working in a programming environment.
- Knowledge about the General Insurance Industry to understand the various systems and products utilized by clients and maintained by teams.
- Excellent understanding of the System Development Life Cycle.
Experience is an IT staffing solution company specializing in staff augmentation (time and material contracts), direct permanent placement, payroll services, and management consulting solutions. Experience’s core values make it easy to work with us: You’ll find that we’re Ethical, Adaptable, and Proactive. Guided by strong business ethics, we are committed to treating our employees and consultants with respect. It is easy to work with a company that your co-workers, friends, and acquaintances already know, like and trust-- to build a promising career in Information Technology.
Apply for this job