Salary: $50-60K annual base plus benefits and vacation
Language Skills: Fluent in French with very good English.
Perks: Situated in the heart of downtown Montreal easily accessible from the McGill metro station and several options for shopping, restaurants and/or coffee bars.
Our client has over 15 years in business, and is a leader in their domain! They are committed to the development and support of broker management systems for insurance and financial services brokers across Canada.
To provide programming and analysis in response to client programming requirements.
- Develop programming solutions which meet business requirements, contribute to estimation process, and ensure accurate interpretation of client requirements in VB6/VB.net
- Analyze system requirements and write programs in Visual Basic 6 (VB6)
- Participate in technical design sessions, make recommendations, and find solutions
- Provide structural coded statements from specifications and perform code reviews
- Create test criteria, unit and integrated testing, data and file integrity testing
- Test new programs and participate in system installations
- Provide maintenance on application/product support
- Act as a programming consultant supporting product marketing requirements, prototype development, R&D and other critical corporate functions
- Perform adhoc investigations as assigned
- Program documentation and specifications
- Respond to any problems the client may have with the system and initiate solutions
- Assist team members and any junior programmers as required
REQUIRED TECHNOLOGIES AND SKILLS
- A minimum of 3 years programming experience in Visual Basic 6 (VB6)
- Solid understanding of SQL server
- Sound Windows client server experience
- Ability to handle situations tactfully when dealing with sensitive client situations.
- A high level of professionalism and tact is expected at all times.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both French and English.
- Ability to read and write descriptive narratives, instructions that are somewhat involved, materials requiring careful use of special terminology.
- Must be able to communicate ideas, plans and concerns to all levels of staff and clients.
OTHER DESIRED TECHNOLOGIES:
- C# and VB.NET would be an asset
- IIS and ASP experience would be an asset
- Insurance experience would be an asset
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- University or College Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 2-4 years of structured experience working in a programming environment.
- Knowledge about the General Insurance Industry to understand the various systems and products utilized by clients and maintained by teams.
- Excellent understanding of the System Development Life Cycle.
Experience is an IT staffing solution company specializing in staff augmentation (time and material contracts), direct permanent placement, payroll services, and management consulting solutions. Experience’s core values make it easy to work with us: You’ll find that we’re Ethical, Adaptable, and Proactive. Guided by strong business ethics, we are committed to treating our employees and consultants with respect. It is easy to work with a company that your co-workers, friends, and acquaintances already know, like and trust-- to build a promising career in Information Technology.
Apply for this job